Smart Expanding Foam
Gorilla Expanding Foam is a self expanding polyurethane foam with a built in applicator which ensures accurate dosage and eliminates the need for a gun. It is also reusable up to 6 weeks after initial use.
Water resistant, excellent thermal and acoustic insulator, will not shrink or expand once cured, fast curing.
Uses & Substrates
Ideal for filling gaps and cavities, joints, pipe penetrations and installing windows and door frames. Can also be used as an air seal and improve acoustic insulation. Can be cut, sanded, plastered or covered with sealant once cured.
- Skin Formation: 10mins at 20°C/60% R.H.
- Foam Yield: 600ml yields 20L of cured foam
- Temperature Resistance: -40°C to +90°C
- Clean Up: Gorilla Expanding Foam Cleaner Click & Fix
- Read warnings as per data sheets and reverse of can label.
- Ensure there is sufficient ventilation, ensure application temperature is between +5° C and + 30°C.
- Keep away from flames or other ignition sources.
- Make sure surfaces are clean and free of grease and dust. Spraying water on the surfaces will improve adhesion and speed up curing.
- Shake can vigorously for 30 seconds. Repeat regularly for maximum yield.
- Flip open cap and wear gloves provided inside.
- Unclip nozzle. Use upside down. Point nozzle and squeeze trigger. Trigger pressure controls speed of foam extrusion.
- Fill gap to approximately 50% of cavity to allow for foam expansion.
- Work upwards, building up layers. Spraying in between layers with water mist to improve curing speed.
- In case of spillage, remove immediately with Gorilla Expanding Foam Cleaner Click & Fix.
- Do not use water. If the foam has cured, it can be removed by mechanical means.
- When finished, detach bung from cap and insert at the end of the nozzle. Clip cap back in place to lock trigger.
- Store can upright in dry conditions between +5°C and +25°C